Thursday, May 14, 2015

Nape piercing - FINALLY !

Previous thought about nape piercing back in 2013

***
I feel like going out, I feel like drinking some alcohol to ease the pain i'm having. I'm being all depressed right now when i'm supposed to be happy with my new piercing i have wanted for so long.
Yea, that's a nape piercing i'm taking about, my first surface piercing i ever had. During the process the pain was so acute i could cry. ( or maybe because i have a low pain tolerance for pain ) but no, i'm not complaining about it and i will never regret having it because i have always been absolutely fascinated by the piercing on the nape for no reason.

Side note,

Somehow the worst part is not the pain i'm experiencing during the healing process but the pain of being judged harshly by others. I won't let the negative opinions and judgement get me down so easily because i know exactly where i stand and what am i doing. It's not an impromptu decision but the urge has been there for more than a year and during the year i have been weighing all the possible consequences and saving hard for it before I decide to put two permanent holes on my nape to enhance the look of my existing cross tattoo.

Any piercings will hurt, as for the nape piercing i would say, this is the most painful one i got because the needle is inserted directly to your skin without the numbing spray like most of the piercer out there will use for any types of body piercings. I was asked to lie down on my face and before they start inserting a needle the area will be first sterilised. I was so worried about not coping with the pain but I put my full trust in Frankie as he said he will try his best to minimize the pain as best as he could.  In case you don't already know Franky Ng he has a fantastic reputation is the most recommended certified piercer in KL and i'm really glad to call him my friend. The pain was relatively intense than the previous old school method ( using a clamp and piercing needle ) but for my case, to lower the chances of infection and rejection the needle was inserted and here you will feel a sharp scratch ( the pain only lasted for 2 seconds ) and being pushed and taken out from the exit point before they put the flat surface bar in. I almost cried during the "pushing" part because the needle was being pushed under the skin and i was being told i have thicker nape skin so the process was prolonged to reach another end - same goes to the pain - a bearable pain depending on your threshold. The only thing i feel glad is that as my face was facing down i don't have to see the whole actual piercing taking place.

To me the process was very painful. The pain subsided as soon as the perforation is done but still the slight pain is there ( skin burning ) whenever you move and it will go on for a few days make sure you take extra care to avoid infection and rejection. The most challenging part about healing is to keep your hair away and avoid hitting it or sleeping on it. Otherwise everything is fine.

The pain is bearable but the pain of a heartbreak is never that easy to deal with. Apparently my boyfriend dislike this new piercing it just driving me insane when people close to me are not too happy with the things i am doing because i'm all too aware of how every little thing i do affect them.

It just so sad.

So piercing, please treat me well and i cant wait until you fully heal. Don't be a bitch to me pretty please.

No comments:

Post a Comment