Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I am a traveler

I have a very simple dream,

"Eh my son is a doctor...."
"Girl you know ah that aunty's daughter working with the XXX airline company..."
"My son ah? No lar...he still pursuing his master's degree of actuarial science.."
"Hi aunty uncle i'm an ACCA accountant.."
"Girl you see Joseph just came back from UK after five years studying at there,you guys should meet up.."

Hey what's your girl doing?
"She...?Hm...why not you ask her yourself ?"

Instead of telling what a small character like me contributing to the society,why not i tell you what i really want to do?

"Heheee...i.......i want to be..........a.....TRAVELER!! and i want to travel all around the world!"

And i'm only thankful they have Starbucks everywhere that i can spend one of those days sitting and drinking my favorite carol frap enjoying that summer under the clear blue sky, writing things down in journal which i don't want to forget, seeing old couples walking down the street as the flowers began to bloom, viewing a field of wildflowers and fall leaves,small children blowing bubbles laughing at each other,then a guy approaches me and introducing himself....(Wait wait you're thinking too far ahead...)Believe it or not by doing that it eases and lights up the heart especially when the really pessimistic day comes.Usually i will transform my diary into lyrics or poetry when i get stuck into forming a perfect sentence with flawless grammar.I'm suck at it to be honest.

And well i'm fortunate enough to work with my current company that gives me that perfect opportunity to travel all around the world.Of all the countries i have flown this year, Thailand is the one making me reverse-stuck in certain memories with all the funny flashback.
Hmm..
I was standing in a place that much similar to where i was standing last year at this time.Soon the sky turned dark.Gazing at the clear big sky turning until the sun went down,then it came the moonlit dazzling in the sky,no longer i can hear the birds chirping when the lights were all turned on, and the party began.Was staring at the sky mesmerized by the beauty of the setting sun at that moment.Those songs were still playing....And i was alone standing at this particular awesome spot before it came into my mind....


A year ago...
"Heey i wanna join that Europe Trip, why not we go together?We wouldn't know if there's a chance like that in the future? Me shouting in excitement.
"No babe,I need to save, trust me, i will work harder after this and save a loooot of money to go with you in future.Only me and you, I promise.Okay?
"But...it costs us twice as much we might need to spend more than what we have to pay for this time." With a bit disappointment.
"Dont worry, i can pay. I'll bring you there a day. You have my word."
"Sure =) ! Anything just to spend time with you !"

Two is better than one.Remember? Saying as he ruffled my hair.

Life is so unpredictable isn't it?So demoralizing with that committed to my memory and those feelings i wish i could describe. Wouldn't it be great if you had that small little "turn off" button in your mind to not remembering things you need to forget ruining your vacation?He decided to bail before the game ends.Even worse,you didn't know the way how it ended and everything just left crushing behind and all you can do is just picking any crumb thrown your way and crying yourself to sleep every night.And let me tell you of all the unpleasant things this is my kryptonite.

Travel makes our world wider and broaden our mind and think.Different journey eventually taught you a lesson.Travel makes me feel awesome especially when i'm alone where i don't need to get stuck into the schedule that had been fixed for some weeks,waiting forever to finish their shopping forced-agree to where they want to go and lengthen some unnecessary time ended up you come here for nothing.It doesn't need to be in a big group,it can be 3-4 persons or maybe...just you alone.Still awesome.

Traveling alone...
I can sleep as many hours as i like,i can wake up and take a train to whenever i want to visit.I can randomly sit down in a coffee shop as i walk down the street.I can spend however i like.I can go home whenever i like.I can spend less than 20 minutes shopping time and get myself a cup of carol frap and start composing anytime.I get to meet new friends that i've ever had the joy of knowing...and blahh.

......When finding a travel companion is harder than you thought it would be.
(Glad i found one though! )

Talking about how travel makes me a better person.
1)I have learned my hard way to become independent.
2)I make friends with strangers
3)People jealous of me LOL
4)Building self-confidence
5)Happier
6)Upgrade myself to a whole new level
7) Blah....

One day in future,i will be lying in the big lawn seeing the sky turning dark listening to the chirping of crickets counting stars and waiting for the aurora appears.(Lulu NZ remember?)
I wonder what this moment of future me would say to present me now?

If you're having a tough time in life,go travel. I am not asking you to go bankrupt by traveling to Sydney, London, or Maldives but just a little further away from the city,guess that's good enough.

I'm here at my usual haunt with my carol frap,blogging,and here it comes,the song,two is better than one from my playlist....


Jessyca Cheong




Bye !

No comments:

Post a Comment