Friday, February 3, 2017

Hello 2017

A slow and windy morning. Waking to the sound of bird chirping on the big, comfy cloud before his alarm goes off. Wrapped in a blanket and watched the bright ray of sunlight peak through the glass window as I began pulling the curtains while I know I am blessed beyond blessed beyond blessed beyond blessed beyond measure, again, to be able to get a peaceful night's sleep for another night.

The stress-free days like today are absolutely the best, with his gentle snoring at my side. Touching him softly on his cheek and he stirred in his sleep as I kissed him on the lips.
"Good morning darling."  He whispered.

******

The past year has been an absolute whirlwind, and I am eternally grateful for all the wonderful things I've been given even when times are tough. I thank god for the things that went wrong, for me to learn the way to fight discouragement with appreciation, and most importantly learning to live my life a quarter mile at a time - the best way to guarantee a day of happiness.

When you're racing along the road at 180 km/h focusing too much on reaching the destination you don't have time to notice the details in your surrounding landscape. I love everything that I have been given, but sometimes we have to remember to pause, and remember all the good things we have when life gets hard. Things in life don't go exactly as planned. It's in these moments we need to stop taking things for granted, and breathe. Take a minute for the things you're blessed with, find the things to be thankful for  : Love, Health, Family.

Hopefully I'll come back with more updates on my life in 2017.

Till then,

Me


No comments:

Post a Comment