Monday, July 20, 2015

THE LONG AWAITED REPLY

Because you stopped being a friend.

That's kinda hurt,

I once fell too deep and i found it impossible to shut away the acute feeling of that emotional pain,

I waited all day and night, only ended up with disappointment that i'm certainly not surprised.

The last chance i was given, the last chance i have wasted, i can't believe i was actually the one who ran away because of my selfishness.

Your blog was all about me and left abandoned after we had drifted apart.

Finally, the ever dreaded good bye is real.

I just couldn't get over the fact that it's over.

But somehow i survived.

I promised to not linger in the past. Whatever it was that i missed, I choose not to bother anymore.

Nothing hurts if you don't let it.

I still wish to see you reply even when it's impossible just because i know you too well.

And this day, somewhere after 2 years,

As anxious and not-too-excited-anymore as i was to see the familiar name finally appeared on the screen,

I smile. That smile that i can't even describe.

We talked a bit, just a little.

Deep down I might just be feeling a little gloomy but it doesn't mean that i'm still missing our good old days. I just don't get why it only happens after so many years. But it doesn't really matter to me because the burden that i bear has already long gone.

At least you still remember me.

Or because i know i shall not be entirely forgotten.

A new chapter of my life has just begun. It's like a cycle that repeats.

I would love for him to write a different ending to this new chapter in my life because i know he can,

Even when i haven't had much confidence on him just yet.

But at least, he is the reason that makes my heart smile everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment